- You Are Here:
- Get Involved
- Join the Friends of the Library and participate in planning events and fund raising
- Join dozens of library volunteers to assist our staff with shelving, making calls and other important tasks that help keep the Library open more hours
- Become a tutor, and help a student succeed
- Join a book club, attend a seminar, present a seminar
- Be an outreach volunteer and bring books to the homebound
- Run for Board of Library Trustees and help develop policies, and guide the future of the Library
The Friends of the Canton Public Library is a 501C3 non-profit corporation of interested citizens dedicated to supporting and enhancing library services in Canton.
Enjoy the relaxing, warm atmosphere of friendly people, good music, hot coffee, and home-baked goodies.
Join one or more of our exciting book clubs!
Canton Writes is the Library's annual town-wide, all-ages, short story, poetry & prose contest. Entries are accepted between February 1 and April 1. There are four age categories for authors to enter: elementary school, middle school, high school, and adult. Participants must live in Canton. Authors may submit a short story, poem, or non-fiction/memoir. All entries remain anonymous and are independently judged. An awards night is held late in April to hear the winning entries.