Resources for Parents & Educators
- GetNetWise - GetNetWise is a public service brought to you by Internet industry corporations and public interest organizations to help ensure that Internet users have safe, constructive, and educational or entertaining online experiences.
- Common Sense - Common Sense is dedicated to helping kids thrive in a world of media and technology. They provide unbiased information, trusted advice, and innovative tools to help them harness the power of media and technology as a positive force in all kids’ lives.
- Storyline Online - Reading to children has been repeatedly shown to improve their reading, writing and communication skills, logical thinking, concentration and general academic aptitude… as well as inspire a love of reading. The Screen Actors Guild Foundation records well-known actors reading children’s books and makes graphically dynamic videos so that children around the world can be read to with just the click of a Storyline Online video book image.
- Boston Central - For things to do in and around Boston this is a fantastic resource.
- Handwriting Practice - Printable handwriting worksheets for those budding writers.
- StoryBlocks - Children get ready to read long before they start Kindergarten. You can help by singing, talking, and playing with the children in your care. Watch these videos to learn fun songs and rhymes, and how they help build readers!
- Guys Read - A web-based literacy program for boys founded by author and First National Ambassador of Young People’s Literature Jon Scieszka who's mission is to help boys become self-motivated, lifelong readers.
- Award-winning Books - Caldecott, Newbery, Printz and other book award winners as presented by the American Library Association (ALA).
- The Horn Book Resources for Parents - Raising readers is the goal of every parent and at the heart of the Horn Book’s mission. This is a great resource for book recommendations for readers of all ages and interests.