August 31, 2021 5:00 PM
Face coverings are now required in the library!
COVID-19 Public Health Mandate of the Canton Board of Health
Notice is hereby given that on August 30, 2021 the Canton Board of Health adopted the following emergency regulation under the provisions of MGL Chapter 111, § 31:
Based upon review of current COVID-19 transmission trends the Canton Board of Health held a meeting on August 30th, 2021 and pursuant to M.G.L. c. 111 §§ 31 and 104; The Board of Health voted to adopt as a public health mandate, the following indoor mask mandate in the Town of Canton.
1. Effective at 12:01am September 1st, 2021 face coverings are required for all individuals aged two years and above in all indoor public spaces, houses of worship, or private spaces open to the public except where an individual is unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability.
2. Food service establishment customers may only remove face coverings when seated.
3. Indoor performance venue customers may only remove face coverings in the actual act of eating and drinking, if permitted in the venue.
4. Indoor performers are required to wear face coverings except where they are able to maintain a minimum of 12 feet of distance from members of the audience.
5. Patrons standing or ordering at the bar must be masked.
6. Guest must be masked on indoor dance floors.
7. Lodging guests and workers are required to wear face coverings when inside hallways and common areas.
8. Residents, visitors and employees in multi-unit homes and apartments are required to wear face coverings when inside common hallways and spaces.
9. Fitness Center/Health Club workers, customers, and visitors are required to wear face coverings
during fitness activity, including strenuous activity.
10. At Personal Service establishments, including, but not limited to, barber shops, hair and nail salons, all customers and workers are required to wear face coverings, except for skin or beard care that occurs on the face, where the customer may temporarily remove the face covering but must immediately put the face covering back on for the remainder of the visit.
11. Masks remain mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems (including rideshares, livery, taxi, ferries, and buses), in healthcare facilities and in other settings hosting vulnerable populations, such as congregate care settings.
12. All entry doors of businesses open to the public must post notice advising customers that face masks must be worn inside the establishment. Establishment staff must supervise and enforce this requirement.
This mandate will remain in effect until December 7, 2021 at which time it may be rescinded by the Canton Board of Health based on Canton community transmission trends.
Date: August 30, 2021