Meeting Room Use at the Canton Public Library
When not in use for library programs, the Meeting Rooms at the Canton Public Library can be booked by Town Departments and outside organizations. Reservations are made on a first come/first served basis either online or by telephone through the Library Administration at (781) 821-5027
Terms of Agreement
- No commercial sales, offers, political or religious solicitation of any kind will be done on Library property.
- No admission charges or other fees are allowed without permission of the Board of Trustees. No event or meeting for which an admission or fee is charged is considered "open to the public".
- Permission granted to use the Meeting Rooms does not constitute an endorsement of any group’s policies, views, or beliefs by the Library administration, and any such representation is prohibited.
- For-profit organizations are limited to one reservation per month.
- No scheduled date is considered final until the application and rental fee (if applicable) is received.
- Unless special arrangements have been made, all meeting participants must vacate the building before the Library closes at 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday or 5:30 pm on Friday or Saturday. Permission will be granted to meet outside of regular Library hours at the discretion of the Library Director and with regard to staff availability, safety or security of the building. Approval for the use of the Meeting Room may be canceled within four hours of an event in the case of staff illness.
- Meeting spaces are not soundproof; meeting and event attendees must remain sensitive to noise produced by the group’s activity in order to not interfere with other library operations.
- Mounting displays, posters, signs, banners or other decorations must be approved by the Library Director in advance. Tacks, nails, or adhesives may not be used on any walls in the building.
- Refreshments may only be brought into the building with express permission.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building. No open flame (including candles) is ever permitted anywhere in the facility.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- The applicant agrees to take responsibility for any damage to the Library or it's equipment caused by or resulting from the applicant’s use of the meeting room.
- Rooms must be left in the same condition in which they were found. Any supplies or items brought into the library must be removed from the library immediately following the event. Rubbish must be properly contained and removed.
- No items may be stored in or delivered to the Library in advance of the day of the event without permission from the Library Director.
- The Library assumes no liability or responsibility for the loss or damage to property belonging to the group or to individuals in attendance.
- The Library reserves the right to require any organization, group, or individual to obtain and pay for a Canton Police detail if the Library Director deems it to be in the interest of public safety. Failure to comply with this requirement would result in immediate cancellation of the scheduled event.